October 25, 2007

First Curry


My first curry

At last I conquered a big war...my Stint in kitchen was a success...courtesy my Amma....
The first dish was North Indian Style Dal....
No more scary cooker whistle,no more scare of bursting mustard seeds in hot oil....
The warrior has arrived.... its just a start "Agae Agae dhekho hota hai kya".....(wait and see what more happens)

My Action was as follows...


1.Pressure cooker on stove with Dal(Yellow) and appropriate amount of water.Put Garlic, Curry Leaves, turmeric powder.Cook it well, 1 whistle was fine in ma case...


2. Kadai on the stove, with a little oil and heated it till oil was hot


3. Drop ed in the mustard's, they were jumping like pop corns..., one Brutus mustard seed, jumped on to my hand...

4.Now mix the steaming mustard seed into dal, stir it well.

5. Its ready.... :P
The taste was good, Mom gave a B+ grade...
The master Chef is born, girls you are in a serious treat....

No comments: