November 20, 2007

Spicy Tomato Tango


This is the Chrysalis of a chef.... The new era in cooking... these were the words said to me by none other than myself.... (Alltha verae aru parayum)(Who else will say, sorry I am addicted to type in Malayalam once in a while).....

Living all alone in Bangalore is not a great idea for your tummy... So I thought it was high time i started cooking....... Inputs poured from mom and sister, How to make dishes etc etc... Mom was not that confident in me. She suggested son try ready to cook stuffs, will be easy, I was in no mood to give it away.

My first dish was the Dal do go through the post posted.

Then came my new dish Tomato tango... It was cold in Bangalore, I decided to make omelet, but some thing new.

The first thing in the menu was my laptop. Laptop???? Yea to search for the menu for new innovative omelets. I found adding tomato to omelet was a good suggestion.

So I prepared my version of omelet. Started with similar ingredients like, egg, onion, black pepper, salt, chillies. I added fine chopped tomatoes to it also.

Made a perfect mix. Poured into the Fan, Gosh it looked great( I will upload the photo's soon)
but disaster struck, when i started to turn upside down the omelet 2 cook the other side of it, the symmetry was broken..... gone omelet is no more, he is dead....

Then some thing clicked.... Scrambled egg.....

Scrambled the complete kit, It was has if, Atom bomb was dropped on to Hiroshima...

I poured bit of tomato sauce during the finishing stages.

So now the hot and sweet tomato tango was ready, Sandwich it between breads, it tasted good.

I tried the dish on my friends to, no casualties till date...

Hence the Chrysalis of a new Chef... beware mom and sis, I am coming......

1 comment:

Flyaway Mind said...

it looks yummy chef...
btw, i have serious doubt whether it's CAMERA TRICK..heheee